11.04.2011

Love Letter to Porto Manso


June 24, 2004 - June 25, 2010 - November 7, 2010. Today, April 9, 2011. What have these days in common? For others certainly nothing. But for me, they are special days. Every day of these days were a last day. A last evening. The last evening in Portugal. In Porto Manso. In my little paradise.

Only a few hours, only one night, then it’s time to say goodbye. And as always before the last night i sit here alone at the pool respectively in front of the casa da eira and my view surveyed over the darkness-covered douro-valley. I see the lights of Pala, the neighbouring place of Porto Manso. I see the lights on opposite hills. The street lights reflected in the water on the banks of the Douro. A peaceful silence lies above the valley. From different directions i can hear occasionally the barking of dogs. Today, even an owl blended into the silence. Few, very few cars disturb that magic silence.

I assimilate these moments. The panorama. The lights. These so peaceful area, the magic of this valley. I think of nothing. And at the same time of many things. And again and again I am grateful. Eternally grateful that the search for a house during the Euro 2004 lead me on the website of the Casa da Torre. Here to Porto Manso. To this wonderful, charming and peaceful place. Far away from everyday life, work and normality.

A place can only be wonderful, if the people who live in it, are wonderful too. Here in Porto Manso such people live. The Caeiro-family, José Miguel, Maria, Marta, Miguel and Ines. Warm, friendly, modest, good-hearted people. They give us the feeling of being at home.

And if you get this feeling at such a great place, you can’t couch the deep gratitude into words, which I feel for Caeiro-Familiy and for the privilege, to be allowed to be here.

That’s why a simple, but deeply felt

MUITO OBRIGADO, FAMILIA CAEIRO!

Björn, April 10, 2011, 0:09 a.m. in front of the Casa da Eira.


I'm looking forward to the reunion in just nine weeks!

PS: A very special thanks to Christian and René, who were already for the fourth time here with me. Guys, it was once again a pleasure to be here with you spending some special days in Portugal. As José Miguel said last night: I hope for many more of these days in the next years.

1 Kommentar:

  1. What a wonderful and surprising "love letter"!
    We are always waiting for your arrival, whenever you want to. :-)
    Best regards!
    PROST for you all!
    Marta

    AntwortenLöschen